Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, May 25, 2007

Un-Typical Colorado

Want some proof of Global Warming happening right now...Colorado is freaking FREEZING and it's almost the month of JUNE! Just the other day, on Wednesday when I got back from Hawai'i (where it was warm and beautiful), it actually SNOWED in the mountains around COS!!
I've been bundled up in long pants and sweatshirts since my return from Honolulu...and it pretty much sucks! I got off the plane in COS before noon and got back to the training center in time for the group ride leaving at 12:30. I was going to open my bike box and quickly build my bike...but the rush was not necessary because it started to pour down freezing rain outside! The group ride was canceled...and I ended up in the basement cycle room watching Pirates of the Caribbean 2 for 2.5 hours! BORING!
After the ride, I did some more indoor training with a 40 minute run in the gym on a treadmill. It was the perfect welcome back to COS...I just jumped right back into the training routine. The next day was no cake-walk either. We started at 7:30am on the pool deck for another swim-bike brick session. (I LOVE these!) After warm up, we did two bricks of 400, 300, 200 meters swim on 1:20 base, jump out, run around the pool, hop on bike and ride hard for 10 minutes. (The first 2 minutes were suposed to be hard to catch a pack and then 8 minutes of in-pack riding...but I just made my 10 mintues like I was in a rotating pace line...kinda like Honolulu last weekend.) I was pretty much shot after this workout...I was falling asleep after breakfast.
Fortunately, I didn't fall asleep for too long because I was the first person on the schedule for an O2 workout in sports-med at noon. It was an intense session and I now realize how much I love oxygen! 5 by 1 mile at sub-10K pace with 90 seconds rest...and I made my pace for all 5! I'm a runner, I'm a runner, I'm a runner...sorry, did I write that out loud?:)
I spent 4 hours yesterday afternoon on this computer uploading items onto ebay. I've got 16 things for sale for my friend Sam McGlone...ebaying actually a pretty time consuming project. So far, a few of them already have bids...I guess we'll know in a week how well they sold!
Other than that, I just got an official invite in the mail to Carrie Berrie Pie's (aka: Carrie Ross) wedding in Delightful DeLand at the end of June. I so so so so want to be there on her special day...but it will be the 4th weekend in a ROW of traveling (although that travel wouldn't involve a 2 hour pain-fest called triathlon:)! I've got a decision to make!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home