Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

St. Anthony's Recap (quickly)

I just got home after racing the St. Anthony's Triathlon this morning.
Arrived at the race around 5:30am. Heard announcements over the PA system that the water was so rough/choppy they canceled the swim for all waves EXCEPT the pros!
Pro men (Dustin included) started at 6:52am...pro women (me included) followed 3 minutes later.
Dustin was the first person to exit the water (2 minutes faster than me)...I was the first female with a :55 second lead over the next woman.
Hopped on my bike and felt amazing...all the great training in Clermont paid off with the FASTEST women's bike split of the day!!! (Out-road Dustin by 4 minutes.)
Dismounted my bike :30 seconds behind Dustin...and with a 2 minute lead over the next female.
Started the run feeling great, tried to pace myself smartly and hang on to my lead. Got to the turn around with a 1 minute lead...got passed by eventual race winner Bec Wassner at Mile 5...and had a sprint in the finish shoot with Sarah Groff (she passed me).
Finished 3rd Overall at St. Anthony's!!
Dustin beat me by :33 seconds!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Terrence said...

Congrats on the podium finish, that's got to be an encouraging start to hopefully a great season!

10:27 AM

 
Blogger Dee said...

GREAT job Sara! 3rd at St. A's is a SUPER way to start off 2009!! :-)

4:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sara! That was an awesome job you did. Very inspirational. Keeps me reminded that hard work in training = great race results. Its motivating for days when you just don't feel like training. Have a safe flight and an awesome race to/in Korea!
-Melissa Sylvia
meli_jsyl@yahoo.com

8:53 PM

 
Anonymous Diana Palmer said...

What a great way to start the season. I'll try to watch Korea. Man, so good to have you healed up and racing!!! Love ya! Diana

11:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home