Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, August 27, 2007

Last Minute Things

It's Monday morning...officially DAY 1 of 33 travel days before I get back to COS (today counts because I'm leaving at 2pm)!
Already this morning I have been to swim practice, ate breakfast, rode my bike, packed my bike and bike box, showered, put in a load of laundry, emailed my 'press release', and checked on my shuttle time to the airport. I've got my phone charging, my iPod has new songs, my laptop is charged, and my camera is packed.
I will probably go over my travel-check-list 10 more times before I can finally walk out the door. There might also be a bit of adjustments made to the clothes I already have packed. On my easy bike ride with Sarah H. this morning, she mentioned that the HIGH temperatures for our week in Hamburg will be between 63 and 65 degrees (with the lows in the 50s)! I need more long sleeves and pants to survive that weather!
Don't forget that I will be logging a daily journal entry for USA Triathlon's website...and it will probably double as my blog posts here (I can only type so much each day:). So if you want to read my babbles on a different web-page for once...go to the News section on USAT:).
**On a side note, my brother returned from Japan yesterday around noon. Unfortunately, I didn't know this and when I called him at 8:00pm, he was sound asleep and told me to call back tomorrow (today). I look forward to hearing his swim meet stories and what he thought about Japan. Since classes at UF started while he was overseas, he's probably got a lot of catching up to do outside of swimming...fortunately, he's a genius!
**As for my remaining family members...Mom and Dad are doing good. When I talked to them yesterday, they were celebrating the first rain at the house in over a month. Mom decided that her mood is effected by the color of the grass in the yard...the greener the grass, the happier she is:).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home