Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tongyeong - Day 1

Jill and I got 7 hours of blissful sleep after our late night arrival to the hotel. I started stirring around 7:00am...motivated to wake up by a very hungry tummy.
Fortunately, I have about 20 pounds of food that I packed in my bike box so I was able to cook a tasty breakfast this morning. I dumped two packets of oatmeal, 1/2 packet of soy protein powder, one box of raisins, one scoop of chunky peanut butter, and a few squirts of honey into my hot pot and let it boil away for a few minutes.
The rest of the day I have spent doing the following: working with the chiropractor, building my bike, going to the pool for a swim, eating lunch, searching the TV for English channels, going for a bike ride with Team USA, walking down to the corner store for some yogurt, OJ and bananas...and now we are all meeting to drive over to the host hotel for the pre-race meeting.
I'm going to grab a jog while I'm over on that side of town...maybe check out the run race course...and then come back to my room to cook a safe and healthy dinner in my hot-pot...all while enjoying the English TV stations that I found!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home